Friday, August 28, 2009

Darn Horses

So last weekend was a little rough on our horses. Friday night started with Murphy getting his eye cut open and needing stitches. Vets are hard to find on a Friday night in Richfield Idaho. So we have some amazing neighbors that came to our rescue that stitched him right up. I am just going to have to learn to do it myself, I hate being helpless. So then being the nice horse owner that I am decided to turn Rap, Nugget and Lloyd out into the new pasture so they could just be regular horses. Sunday morning we get up and notice they are still in the same place they had been all night, and Sid goes up to check on them and Nug had cut half her foot off (not an exaggeration). It was a MESS! I have never had a horse cut like that. So we wrapped it up the best we could. FYI vets are also hard to find on Sunday mornings also.......I don't know why these things don't happen Monday thru Friday 8-5. Monday morning I made an appointment with Dr. Clark and took her in and she is still there. Keep your fingers crossed for us! I am going to post a picture of it.....but don't look it you get grossed out easily.

2 comments:

Countrylivn' said...

When it rains it poors!!

Olivia said...

Is my horse OK?

Trip To Vegas

Con roping his first 3 qualifing steers at the World Championship Dummy Roping

Breck and Sid's team roping run at High Desert Junior Rodeo

Con doing the "barrel trot" on good 'ol Casper

Con dummy roping to win the buckle

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones