Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cody and the Chicken

If it isn't kittens in the form of horse poop, then it's turkeys in the form of chickens!

So, Breck told me about a week ago that there was a turkey in the pasture with our cows. I (like the good mom I am) totally blew him off thinking yeah right! Right, like there are turkeys in the pasture. So today I am outside and here come our dog Cody out of the pasture with this "turkey." The turkey is a chicken and it is totally alive, missing quite a few feathers but still alive! So Jace and I go running after Cody to get this chicken from him and he turn the corner of the house, drops the chicken off in the window well and takes off. He knew he was in trouble and in fact I still haven't seen him........smart dog! So we have one neighbor that I thought I had seen had a couple chickens and some ducks. We jump on the 4-wheeler and head over there and the lady says she is missing a rooster but not a chicken. So it makes me think that maybe the turkey/chicken is a rooster? So she follows us home definitely confirms it's just a chicken and takes it home with her. What great neighbors we have!

0 comments:

Trip To Vegas

Con roping his first 3 qualifing steers at the World Championship Dummy Roping

Breck and Sid's team roping run at High Desert Junior Rodeo

Con doing the "barrel trot" on good 'ol Casper

Con dummy roping to win the buckle

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones