Sunday, June 22, 2008

Boat Race

For cub scouts we decided that it would be a super fun idea to have a boat race. And in this planning why in the world would you want to use and average irrigation ditch when you can use the canal......right. So all the scouts made boats and painted them for the boat race, we packed lunches and headed to the canal. We had the boat race and 100% of the boats flipped over (I don't think they intended the $1 boats from Michael's to be put in a canal). Then came the exciting part of getting the boats out of the canal. So I am thinking I am so smart and take a huge fishing net to "fish" the boats out of the water, well the fishing net was not 30' long so there is like no way that I am going to get some of the boats out of the water. So my oldest son decides to jump in the canal, after all the scouts had PROMISED me that they would not get wet, just to save a cheap boat. We ended up loosing some boats, which caused some tears and some boats were mangled and it was a crazy day. So I am relaying this story to a member of of bishopric who nicely informs me that we have a special ditch in the back of the church that was made special for scouts and boat races.........so for our 2nd annual boat race we will be having it at the church and I will not be bringing a fishing net.

0 comments:

Trip To Vegas

Con roping his first 3 qualifing steers at the World Championship Dummy Roping

Breck and Sid's team roping run at High Desert Junior Rodeo

Con doing the "barrel trot" on good 'ol Casper

Con dummy roping to win the buckle

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones