Sunday, June 8, 2008

Junior Rodeo

Well, I survived our first junior rodeo. We (myself, Tan, Breck, Con and Kyla) left Friday night and drove to Grace (about 3 hrs 15 min) and stayed the night in the horse trailer. The rodeo started at 8:00 and I wanted to make sure we would be there and be ready. The older 2 boys did barrels first, Breck got a no time because he broke the pattern and Tan ended up 9th out of 48 kids. I was really proud of him and Chex considering it was both on theirs first rodeo ever and Chex has just learned the barrels. Then Con rode his sheep, he said it was lots of fun and is excited to do it again, which is a much better experience than the last time he rode. Tan then rode his calf and did great. We then did goats. Con's age group just pulled the ribbon off the goats tail and ran back and he was so cute! And the older 2 boys tied their goat. Tan ran out of time. Tying a real goat vs the dummy is totally different, so needless to say this week we are buying a goat. Breck got a time and I was pretty impressed for this being his first time. So, they do all the goat events in the middle of the arena and I have Con going on one side and the other 2 boys on the other side, I am trying to video and hold Roxy and by the time it was over I had lost Kyla. My only excuse is I am not used to looking for kids in pink windbreakers. I found her within 5 minutes, but I felt really bad. Poles were last and Tan got a no time and Breck got 4th (yeah) and Con went up one side of the poles and back down the other. He was really sad! He rides great, he just isn't strong enough to make those horses listen. The day was a great learning experience for us all and we are going to practice hard for the next one which is in Preston in 2 weeks.

1 comments:

Idaho Sutters said...

It sounds like a super fun weekend (and a little stressful). I can't wait to talk to the kids and have them tell me about it. One of these weekends when you are closer we'll have to come and watch the boys. Olivia and Jared would love it.

Trip To Vegas

Con roping his first 3 qualifing steers at the World Championship Dummy Roping

Breck and Sid's team roping run at High Desert Junior Rodeo

Con doing the "barrel trot" on good 'ol Casper

Con dummy roping to win the buckle

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones